Thu, Oct 27|
Growing & Thriving: Strategies to Support Children's Health & Wellbeing when a Parent is Incarcerated
Time & Location
Oct 27, 2022, 11:30 AM EDT – Oct 28, 2022, 1:00 PM EDT
About the Event
Join us for a dynamic discussion to deepen our understanding of the challenges young people face and hear about the solutions they developed and seek. Learn strategies for supporting children's health and well-being from those working in the medical, therapeutic, spiritual, and wellness fields. Register here.
- Folashade Olatunde, SUSU 2022 Youth Fellow and creator of the podcast, Half of My Parents, All of Me.
- Hena Ali, LCSW, M.S.Ed: NYC DOE Supervisor of School Social Workers, Central Crisis Support Team (CCST). Ms. Ali also has a private therapy practice and is an adjunct professor.
- Kamaal Jones: MD, FAAP Foster Care Pediatrician based in Los Angeles. Learn more here.
- Wakumi Douglas: Founding Executive Director of S.O.U.L. Sisters Leadership Collective currently on sabbatical to focus on her Soros Justice Fellowship. Learn more here.
- Dr. Avon Hart-Johnson, Co-founder of DC Project Connect will facilitate the discussion. Dr. Hart-Johnson is a researcher, author, and subject matter expert on children of incarcerated parents.